Nothing is more detrimental to a business than downtime. The average small or midsized business loses more than $160,000 a year from lost productivity during downtime. Customer satisfaction and service reputation can suffer significantly with every second that operations are halted. In the event of theft, hardware failure, file loss, or even a natural disaster, it is imperative that your business is able to resume without delay, in order to sustain productivity, revenue, customer satisfaction, and success. With CompuVault in place, you can make downtime a thing of the past.
Key Features of the CompuVault Complete Data Protection Solution:
- Data Backup and Restore: An onsite appliance is installed in your workplace for quick backups and restores, data is also securely replicated offsite to one of our SSAE-16 certified data centers. Reverse incremental backups mean the latest versions of your backups are always the most recent and easy to find. Our backups and restores offer the option to recover just a single specific file.
- Business Continuity & Cloud Continuity: The onsite appliance can virtualize a failed server and resume its operations immediately until new hardware can be prepared. If your entire infrastructure is destroyed, you can quickly virtualize your servers and work off of the cloud. This allows you to continue business as usual in a matter of minutes instead of days.
- Disaster Recovery: In the event of a fire, theft, sabotage, hardware failure, or natural disaster, your data is protected in our secure data center. Even if your workplace is completely offline or destroyed, your data, applications, and systems are made available to you via a virtualized office in the cloud. No downtime and no loss of productivity means no financial loss.
- Simple and Easy: Easily manage your data via CompuVault’ s web-based management console or rely on CompuVault to assist with quick troubleshooting or restoration tasks.
- Compliance: CompuVault makes it easy for you to comply with various industry rules and regulations. Our security standards meet or exceed the guidelines set forth by most laws and governing agencies including (but not limited to) HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, PCI DSS, FINRA and MSRB.
- Peace of Mind: CompuVault believes it is your right to be completely free of worry. No matter what industry rules and regulations you have to follow and no matter what unpredictable data dilemma you may face, we guarantee that your data, applications, and systems are securely protected and instantly recoverable from anywhere. With CompuVault, achieving regulatory compliance and complete uptime is easier than ever.
What Are the Consequences of Data Loss?
The consequences of data loss are dire; here is a sampling of just a few statistics related to the impact of data loss on business:
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster, filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
- 94% of companies suffering from a catastrophic data loss do not survive – 43% never reopen and 51% close within two years. (University of Texas)
- 30% of all businesses that have a major fire go out of business within a year and 70% fail within five years. (Home Office Computing Magazine)
- 77% of those companies who do test their tape backups found back-up. (Boston Computing Network, Data Loss Statistics)
- 7 out of 10 small firms that experience a major data loss go out of business within a year. (DTI/Price waterhouse Coopers)
- 96% of all business workstations are not being backed up. (Contingency Planning and Strategic Research Corporation)
- 50% of all tape backups fail to restore. (Gartner)
- 25% of all PC users suffer from data loss each year (Gartner)
The primary causes of data loss are:
- Human failure
- Human error
- Software corruption
- Computer viruses
- Hardware destruction
The results of the two best studies regarding data loss in the real world are depicted as follows:
|Root Cause||Incident %|
Source: David M. Smith, Ph.D., Pepperdine University
|Root Cause||Customer Perception||Actual Incident%|
|Hardware or system problem||78%||56%|
Source: Kroll OnTrack Data Recovery Services
Contact, or call Bill today at 314-329-4202
Toll Free: 844-991-3858, x1102